Building a village around our children
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group of families creating a quilt of positivity and resources around ourselves and our children.
2. Free parenting and self-care workshops: Play Cousins Collective will host 5 workshops throughout the year for members to participate in. Topics are requested through membership circles.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that the voices of families raising Black children are being heard. Our leadership team shares the perspective of membership on panels and in meetings with representatives throughout the year. You will also be invited to public meetings and events where Play Cousins Collective is hosting children's programming to eliminate the barrier lack of childcare can cause.
4. Resource Sharing: Play Cousins share clothing, recipes, stories, advice and child care. Our directories of affirming spaces, Black businesses and services are accessible to members through the membership site.
5. Invitation to the cook out: Being a Play Cousin means you are invited to events monthly where you can enjoy a family meal, free children's programming and the village!
6. Pre-Registration and reduced fees where applicable: You receive invitations to pre-register for Play Cousins programming and reduced registration or participation fees at all Play Cousins Collective events.
7. Leadership Opportunities: You are connected to a village that counts you as an asset in community. Your services and expertise will be called upon as we share methods of healing and resilience with one another. Play Cousins may request workshops, advice or support from you on your area of expertise.
8. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your Play Cousins for their contributions to building the village.
9. Community Calendar: Grab your key to the city and inherit the wealth of resources and opportunities alive in our village! There are a plethora of family friendly activities and enrichment programs for our children and families to enjoy. You can learn all about them in our community calendar where our partners work together across Louisville to share upcoming events! Look for the Play Cousins color coding to find events where we will provide children's programming!
10. All power to the people: You are part of a larger community. You are powerful. Together our voices are amplified and our participation or lack there of holds greater weight. Meet the people in your community and organize around your needs and concerns! Enjoy the perks of Play Cousins Collective being invited to fun places like the Louisville Zoo or Science Center or to weigh in on issues concerning the Black family.